Fine Art Children's Portraits
~ a limited edition portrait event ~
Thank you for booking a session for your child!
I'm excited to spend a few minutes getting to know them.
- The Session Fee includes one 10-minute photo session, and your favorite image from that session professionally printed on a 20"x20" gallery-wrapped canvas; the high-resolution digital version of that image is also included.
- A few days after the session, parents will attend an Ordering Session via Zoom, during which you will choose the image you'd like to have printed on canvas, and have the opportunity to purchase additional images and printed products. Since all purchases will be made during the session, anyone who'd like to have input should be invited to join us. Click here to schedule your Ordering Session now. (You'll need only one Ordering Session per family, not one per child!)
- There's no need to choose your packages until you've seen your images, but please do visit the Product & Pricing Guide now to see which products you're going to love.
- The studio is located in my home at 6129 Landover Road, Cheverly, Maryland. There is no access to the house from the front. To come to the back, navigate to the intersection of Monroe Street & Laurel Avenue (or, 6200 Monroe Street), and come down the alley marked Dead End. My cream-colored house is on your right, a couple of driveways down.
- You are welcome to park in the driveway (putting a couple of wheels in the grass is fine). If you park in the alley, please leave enough room for my neighbors to drive by. There is also free parking available on Laurel Avenue.
What to Expect and How to Prepare
- Children will be photographed in the style shown; that is:
- Individually, not in groups.
- Only in closeup.
- Images will be presented in black and white only.
- Please have your child wear a dark, collarless shirt. I will have a black drape available to cover up if this isn't possible, but it's more neatly done with no collar, no hoodie, etc.
- Don't fuss too much about your child's appearance. A clean face is good, but messy hair can look great in this type of photo. Hair worn loose, rather than pulled back, is best. And please avoid hair clips close to the face.
- Parents will not be invited into the shooting area with their children. A genuine expression depends on the interaction between subject and photographer, and is hindered by a child's looking to their parent for approval. There will be a waiting area in the studio, or you're welcome to wait outside if the weather is nice.
- Please do not instruct your child to say "cheese" or to smile for the camera. This style of imagery depends on an authentic expression from your child, which I will be guiding them towards. A simple gaze is as welcome as a smile, as long as both feel natural.
If you have any questions, please contact me directly at [email protected]